Volunteering with Countess Mountbatten Hospice Charity
Our Volunteers are all amazing people who live in our Hospice community and have chosen to gift their time to support our work. Their support enhances the care that is delivered by our team of dedicated professional staff based across our Inpatient Unit, Community Service and day hospice facilities at the Hazel Centre.
Volunteering with us means making a difference to someone every day. Whether you are driving a person to their first hospice appointment, or greeting them at the door with a hot cup of tea when they arrive, our team of Volunteers all contribute something special that can make a big difference.
We want you to get the most from your Volunteering experience with us and we try to offer opportunities that will fit in with your life and enhance it, not limit it. If you have 2 hours a fortnight, or 22 hours a month, we will have a volunteering opportunity for you! Contact us to discuss your availability and volunteering interests.
Read on to discover our current Volunteering opportunities and find out how to contact us.
We are currently recruiting volunteers for the following vacancies:
- Community Fundraising – A varied and exciting opportunity to support the hospice out in the community by assisting with, or organising, events and raising awareness and community support for our hospice.
- Complementary Therapists – Qualified Complementary Therapists can provide vital support to our patients by donating their time and skills in the Hazel Centre and Inpatient Unit. We are happy to receive enquiries from any qualified therapist with a few hours to spare per week, or month.
- Drivers – Volunteer Drivers provide door-to-door transport, using their own vehicle, for patients and their families to come to appointments, attend clinics and visit our inpatient unit. This valuable service enables people to access the support they need without the worry of public transport or taxis.
- Gardeners – Volunteer Gardeners are assigned a dedicated area of the garden to nurture and maintain, ensuring it is a safe and beautiful space for all to enjoy.
- Hairdresser – Volunteer Hairdressers are qualified professionals who offer their skills and expertise for free to our guests in our Inpatient Unit and The Hazel Centre.
- Hospice Welcome Team – Our Welcome Team volunteers are based at the Inpatient Unit reception desk and the Charity Cafe, providing a warm welcome for all visitors, refreshments and other services to enhance the care for our guests.
- Pets As Therapy Volunteers – Registered PAT dogs and their owners are a wonderful addition to our volunteering family, providing a really special experience for those people who love animal interactions.
- Retail Assistants – Volunteers are essential to the success of our shops in Winchester, Eastleigh, and Hedge End. Retail assistants help to ensure our shops are always stocked with great items and our customers have an excellent experience shopping with us.
- Hospice Friends Companions – a network of trained volunteers called companions who are willing to offer their time, companionship and support to people living in their community who are coping with serious illness.
We know that volunteering makes a huge difference at the hospice, but there are a lot of benefits for you too! Volunteering is a great way to develop new skills, meet new people and enhance applications for university or work, whilst doing something really important to support people in your local community. If you are interested in volunteering with us, we would love to hear from you. You can contact the Voluntary Services Office directly on 02380 475312 or email email@example.com